Pineapple Pachadi Recipe | Kerala Sadhya Recipe | Vishu Special with Video Recipe. Kerala Festival Vishu is around the corner, hope you all are getting ready for Vishnu festival?. Sadhya is a major part of Vishnu festival. Pachadi is one of the main side dishes of sadhya. We can make pachadi with seasonal fruits and vegetables. Here I am sharing with you the recipe of pachadi made with pineapple. This side dish has sweet and sour taste. It’s preparation is very simple. First you need to cook the pineapple pieces until they are softened. Then you need to make a coconut paste, by grinding fresh coconut, green chilli, mustard seeds and curry leaves everything together. Add this coconut paste into cooked pineapple and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes. Once it’s cooked, switch off the flame and add beaten curd into it and mix well. Finally season it with mustard seeds, dry red chilies and curry leaves. Hope now you understood that it’s preparation is very simple. Just try this pineapple pachadi for Vishnu sadhya this time, if you have pineapple with you. Let me know your feedback.
- In a pan add pineapple. Add turmeric powder, redchilli powder, salt and water into it. Mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid & cook till the pineapple pieces have softened.
- In a mixer, add grated coconut, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and green chiles into it. Add 1/4 cup water into it. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Add the grounded coconut paste into cooked pineapple.
- Add salt and sugar into it and mix it well.
- Cook it on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Add 1/2 cup beaten curd into it.
- Mix it well & Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add coconut oil, mustard seeds, dry red chilies and curry leaves into it. Let it splutter.
- Pour the tempering into the pachadi mixture.
- Mix it well.
- Pineapple Pachadi is now ready to serve.