Rose Apple Pickle Recipe | Chambakka Achar Recipe with Video Recipe. Rose Apple is a Popular fruit in kerala. This time when I went to my native place in kerala, it was the season of rose apple. The rose apple tree in our house was full of rose apples, I plucked the rose apples This time I thought to try some variety recipes with rose apples. I have already shared the recipe of Rose Apple Juice in my previous post. Today I am sharing here with you the recipe of a spicy and sweet pickle that is made with rose apple. It is very easy to make as well as tastes delicious. Including rose apples in your diet has many health benefits. It’s highly rich in nutrients like protein, fiber, calcium, iron, vitamin A and vitamin C. This fruit is good for diabetic people. The presence of jambosine in rose apples helps to regulate diabetes. Try this pickle recipe, if you have rose apples with you. Let me know your feedback
Mustard Seeds-1/4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds-1/4 tsp
Garlic Cloves-10-12 (Chopped)
Curry Leaves-2 sprig
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Kashmiri Redchilli Powder-2 tbs
Asafoetida Powder-1/4 tsp
Method Of Preparation
- Wash the rose apples thoroughly.
- Cut it into halves
- Remove the seeds and flower from it.
- Cut it into small pieces & Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds into it.
- Once mustard seeds start popping, add fenugreek seeds into it. Fry it for a minute.
- Add garlic cloves, green chilies and curry leaves into it.
- Saute it until it turns light brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri redchilli powder and asafoetida powder into it.
- Saute it until raw smell of powders goes off.
- Add the chopped rose apples into it. Add salt to taste into it and mix well.
- Saute it until rose apple pieces are cooked well.
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar into it.
- Mix it well & Cook it for a minute
- Rose apple pickle is now ready