Jackfruit Chips Recipe | Chakka Varuthathu | Easy Chips Recipe with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here the recipe of a mouth watering chips that is made with jackfruit, which is very popular in kerala. This jackfruit chips are very easy to make with limited ingredients. These chips are crispy, crunchy and mild sweet. Jackfruit chips are known as chakka varuthathu in Malayalam. You need to select a jackfruit, which is fully matured but only half ripe for making this chips. Just try this chips recipe if you have jackfruit with you in your house. You can store this chips in airtight containers for longtime. I am sure that you all will love the taste of this jackfruit chips. Let us come to the recipe.
Salt as required
Water as required
Oil for Deep Frying
Method Of Preparation
- Select a jackfruit, which is fully matured but only half ripe. Apply oil on your hand and knife before cutting the jackfruit, so that the white sticky latex of the jackfruit won’t stick on your hand and knife.
- Remove the central core from jackfruit.
- Pull out the jackfruit bulbs.
- Remove the white strips from jackfruit bulbs.
- Cut both ends of jackfruit bulb.
- Open the jackfruit bulb with a knife and remove the seeds.
- Divide the soft flesh into parts.
- Cut each part into medium thick long pieces
- Take 1/4 cup water in a bowl
- Add 1tsp salt into it
- Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the jackfruit pieces.
- Stir it occasionally
- Fry it until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Once it turned golden brown and crispy, sprinkle salt water over it. Mix it well. Switch off the flame.
- Jackfruit chips are now ready to serve.