Home Made Bun With Home Made Yeast Without Oven | Home Made Bun in Idly Stand with Video Recipe. This recipe of home made bun with home made yeast will be a perfect recipe during this lock down period, because now yeast and buns are not available in many shops. Once you made this bun with home made yeast, you will stop buying buns and yeast from stores. You don’t need oven for making this bun. I am using idli stand for making this bun. Baked these buns in kadai. It’s taste was same as that of the buns we buy from shops. Here I am using the home made yeast for making this buns. You can learn how to make yeast at home. It’s very easy to make yeast at home with the ingredients that are mostly available in our home. You can use the liquid form of the yeast for 7 days. if you refrigerate it. If you want to use it for longtime then u need to sundry the liquid yeast. Once the yeast is sun dried, you can powder it in mixer and store it in fridge and you can use if for about 6 month. Hope once you made this yeast, you will no longer search for yeast in shops?., Once you made home made yeast you can use that yeast for making this bun. Only thing, that u need to consider while making this bun is the softness of the dough that you are using for making this bun. Dough should be non sticky and super soft. Otherwise, you won’t get perfect and soft buns, so while kneading the dough, make sure that the dough is super soft and nonsticky. I have got many request from my followers for trying recipes without oven. Hope this will be a perfect recipe that you can try during this lockdown period without oven. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback
Preparation Time:28 hrs 40 min
Cooking Time:30-40 minute
For Making Yeast
All Purpose Flour/Maida-2 tbs
Warm water-1/4 cup
For Making Bun
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1 1/2 cup
Home made yeast-2 tbs
Warm milk-3/4 cup
Method Of Preparation
Making Yeast At Home
- In a bowl add all purpose flour/maida, sugar, honey, salt, curd and warm water. Mix everything well. Make sure no lumps are there. Cover it and set it aside for 24 hours in warm place or until it is fermented
- After 24hours yeast is fermented. Home made yeast is ready now. In this liquid from you can refrigerate it and use it for 7 days. If you want to use it for more days, then you need to powder it . For that, first you need to spread it on a plate and sun dry it. Then you can powder it. U can can refrigerate it and use it for about 6 month
- In this recipe of home made bun I am using the liquid form of yeast
- In a big bowl take all purpose flour/maida. Add sugar, salt and 2tbs of home made yeast in it. Add 3/4 cup warm milk in it. Mix well. Knead it gently.
- Add 4tbs oil in it. Knead it to a super soft nonsticky dough. Drizzle 1tsp oil over it. Close it with a lid and rest it for 4 hours at warm place. After 4 hours, the dough will rise and it will be a super soft dough.
- Dust some all purpose flour/ Maida flour on a chapatti rolling board and knead the dough again. Knead it to a non sticky soft dough
- Add little oil on the dough and knead it to a super soft dough. Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Tuck the dough and form a perfect round shape
- Grease each mould of the idli stand with oil. Place the dough in each mould. Grease oil on the dough
- Cover it and rest it for 30 minute. After 30 minute, the dough will rise.
- In a 1/4 cup milk add 1tsp sugar in it and mix well. Grease the dough with this mixture.
- In a kadai add 2cup salt. Place a rack or steel vessel over the salt.
- Cover it with a lid and heat it in medium flame for 10 minute
- After 10 minute. open the lid and place the idli stand in it.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 30-40 minute in low flame
- After 35 minute, buns are cooked well. Brush butter over the buns. Close the lid and cook it for 5 more minute
- Buns are ready now. Switch off the flame and take out the idli stand. Great butter over the buns.
- Let it cool down completely
- Super soft buns are now ready to serve