Broken Wheat Steam Cake Recipe | Nurukku Gothambu Appam | Healthy Cake Recipe with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here with you the recipe of a healthy cake that is made with Broken wheat/Daliya. Broken Wheat is known as Nurukku gothambu in Malayalam. It’s a unique cake recipe made with broken wheat, jaggery and coconut in a steamer. This cake recipe is for those who do not have access to a baking oven. This is a healthy cake recipe, as we are not using sugar in this recipe. Instead of sugar here I am using jaggery. Including broken wheat in your diet is good for your health, as it’s very nutritional. As it is made from whole wheat, it contains lots of fibers, which is good for your health. Unlike other cake recipes, preparation of this cake recipe is very simple, First you need to soak the broken wheat in water for 3-4 hours. Here I have used hot water for soaking, it will reduce the soaking time. If you are soaking it in hot water, then you no need to soak it for 3-4 hours, just 1 hour soaking will be enough, so if you want to reduce the soaking time, you can soak it in hot water. After soaking broken wheat in water, you need to drain the water from broken wheat. Then you need to grind the drained broken wheat along with coconut and jaggery syrup. That is the batter of this cake recipe. Hope now you understood that how easy is to make the batter of this cake recipe. After making the batter, you need to cook it in steamer. Anybody can try this healthy cake recipe, as it requires only few ingredients as well as very easy to prepare. You can Serve it as a healthy evening snack. Just try this recipe and let me know, how it turned out for you.
Broken Wheat/Nurukku Gothambu–1 cup
Grated Coconut-3/4 cup
Jaggery Syrup-3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder-1/4 tsp
Method Of Preparation
- Wash the broken wheat thoroughly with water. Soak it in hot water 1 hour. If you are using normal water you need to soak it for 3-4 hours.
- After soaking it in water, you need to drain water. Add the drained broken wheat in mixer.
- Add grated coconut, jaggery syrup, cardamom powder, and 1/4 cup water into mixer.
- Grind everything into a smooth batter. (Dosa Batter like consistency).
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Pour the batter in to the plate.
- Add water in a pan, Place a rack inside the pan. Place the batter filled plate over the rack.
- Cover it with a lid. Cook it on medium flame for 30 minutes.
- Broken wheat steam cake/Nurukku gothambu appam is now ready.
- Cut it into pieces and serve.