You might have tried to prepare many dishes using cauliflower and many different types of bhajis also. But, Did u ever try to prepare a bhaji with cauliflower? If answer is no,then you can try this recipe. I have tried to prepare many different types of bhajis for evening tea time snacks.,but this cauliflower bhaji is my favorite among them. I am sure that once u got the taste of this bhaji,you will also try to prepare this bhaji. This is very easy to prepare. Please don’t forget to try this bhaji recipe if you have cauliflower in your house. Let me know how it turned out for you.
Cauliflower, broken into florets-250 gms
Besan (chickpea flour)-1/2 cup
Rice Flour-1/4 cup
All Purpose Flour-2 tbsp
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Break the florets of cauliflower with your hand or cut them with a knife.
- Heat water in a pan. Add some turmeric powder and salt in water then add all the cauliflower florets in that hot water and leave it for about 5 minutes. Remove the cauliflower florets from hot water. Put the florets on a thick towel to dry them. Keep it aside
- Take a bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients well and make a thick batter by adding enough water in it. The batter should be like Idli/Dosa batter.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in to that batter. coat it well with batter
- Heat oil in a pan and put the cauliflower florets in the oil and deep fry it.. Remove the florets from oil when the florets turns golden brown in colour,
- Drop them on a paper towels to remove excess oil
- Serve them hot along with ketchup