Can you imagine, how to make an omelette without egg?, Yes you can make an omelette without egg. Its texture is similar to egg omelette but it’s taste is different from egg omelette. It is cholesterol free and you can make it easily with the few ingredients available in your kitchen. My husabd is an egg omelette lover. He mostly request me to prepare egg omlette ,but when we are taking fasting we will prepare veg items only, we will avoid all egg items. I prepared this eggless omlette for him during our fasting time but he loved the taste of this omlette. I am sure that you will also love the taste of this omelette. It is made with gram flour,tomatoes,onions and indian herbs and spices. You can change the veggies you add to it. You can prepare this for busymorning breakfast as well as an evening snacks for kids. Its very filling and protein rich. We can learn today how to make Eggless Omelette / Vegetarian Omelette. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Gram flour/besan – 1 cup
Rice flour-1/4 cup
Tomato-1 medium size,finely chopped
Onion-1 medium size.finely chopped
Green chilli-2-3,finely chopped
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp.
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil as required for cooking the omelette
Method Of Preparation
- Add Rice flour,Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Black pepper powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Asafoetida and Salt with Gram flour/besan
- Add the water slowly to make a smooth batter of dosa consistency
- Add the chopped onion, tomato, green chilies and chopped curry leaves in this batter and mix well
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. Pan should be moderately hot
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon. Spread the batter as thin as possible.
- Sprinkle some oil and cook both sides for one or two minutes,until it cook well and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve it hot with any chutney or sauce