Kalmas Recipe | Egg Kalmas Recipe | Variety Snack with Egg with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here with you the recipe of a variety and unique snack with egg, that is egg Kalmas. Kalmas is a popular snack in malabar region of kerala, especially in kannur district of kerala. It’s is very easy to make with less ingredients and tastes delicious. It’s preparation is very simple, egg masala filled rice dough is wrapped, coated with chilli paste and shallow fried it. You can use chicken masala filling also instead of egg masala filling. If you are looking for a variety snack recipe with egg, then you can definitely try this recipe. I am sure that all will love the taste of this snack. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
- Heat 2tbs oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic, green chilies and curry leaves in it. Saute it until it turns light brown in color.
- Add onions and salt in it. Saute it until onion turns light brown in color.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, redchilli powder, pepper powder and garam masala in it.
- Saute it until raw smell of powders goes off.
- Add chopped hard boiled eggs in it. Mix it well
- Add salt to taste and mix it well. Cook it for 1 minute.
- Add grated coconut, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and small onions in a mixer. Grind it.
- Take rice flour in a bowl. Add ground coconut mixture and salt in it.
- Mix everything well.
- Add hot water little by little as required.
- Knead it into a smooth soft nonsticky dough.
- Rest it for 10 minute.
- Apply oil on your hand.
- Take a portion of dough in your hand.
- Spread it into a circle in your hand.
- Add egg mixture in the center.
- Cover it and roll it into a shape as you like.
- Place it in a oil greased steamer plate.
- Take a pan. Place a stand in it. Add water in it. Let it boil.
- Steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, take 3tbs redchilli powder, 1tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste and curry leaves in it. Mix everything well.
- Add water as required and make a thick batter.
- Dip all kalmas in chilli paste.
- Shallow fry the kalmas until both sides turns light brown in color.
- Egg Kalmas are now ready to serve