Red Cow Peas Fritters Recipe | Red Cow Peas Vada | Vanpayar Vada with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here with you the recipe of fritters that are made with red cow peas/vanpayar. Red cow peas are also known as black eyed beans. Red cow peas are rich in proteins and fibers. Did u every tried to make fritters with red cow peas, If the answer is no, then you can definitely try this recipe. These fritters are flour less that means you no need to add any flour for making these fritters. These are made with only red cow peas, onion, ginger, green chilies and curry leaves. It’s preparation is very simple. First you need to soak the red cow peas overnight or at least 4 hours in water, then drain the water, once drained the water grind it along with onion, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves in a mixer. Then shape the grounded mixture into Vadas and deep fry it until both sides turns brown in color. Hope now you understood that how easy is to make these Vadas/fritters. These fritters are crispy on the outside and soft inside. You can serve it as an evening snack with tea. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Red cow peas / Vanpayar-1 cup
Ginger-1 tbs, Chopped
Oil for Deep Frying
Method Of Preparation
- Wash the Red cow peas/Vanpayar well and soak it in water for at least 4 hours or Overnight.
- Drain the water and transfer it into a mixer.
- Add Chopped onion, ginger, green chiles and curry leaves in it and grind it without adding water.
- Transfer the grounded mixture into a bowl.
- Take a portion of mixture in your hand and shape it into Vadas.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Deep fry the Vadas until both sides turns brown in color
- Red Cow Peas Vada/Vanpayar Vada is now ready to serve