Banana Florets Pakoda Recipe | Variety & Easy Pakoda Recipe | Banana Flower Recipe | How to Clean Banana Flower with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here the recipe of a variety pakoda recipe that is made with banana florets that are attached to the bracts (large petals) of a banana flower/banana blossom. Normally we will discard the large petals (bracts) and the florets that are attached to the bracts (large petals) and we will just take the white colored structure of the banana flower that we will get after removing the large petals of the banana flower. This white colored structure of the banana flower is known as heart of banana. We will use that heart of banana for making poriyal/upperi. We will discard the large petals and florets attached with them, but recently I came to know that we can use that large petals for making chutney and florets for making pakodas. I tried both the recipes, but today here I am sharing with you the recipe of the pakoda that I made with florets, will share the recipe of the chutney that I made with large petals (bracts) later. Banana flower has many health benefits. I would like to share with you some of it’s health benefits here. Banana flower is a rich source of vitamins like vitamin A,C and E. They also contain potassium and fibers. It reduces blood sugar levels and it also increases the total hemoglobin levels in the body. It reduces menstrual pain and menstrul bleeding. Banana flower acts as an anti-depressant by reducing anxiety and boosting the mood since they contain magnesium. Banana flower boosts the supply of milk that helps the new mothers feed their babies, so including banana flower in your diet is good for your health. Here I have explained how to clean banana flower, how to take petals from banana flower and how to clean petals in detail with the video recipe. Please Check the video attached at the end of this post. Try this recipe if you have banana flower in your house and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
All purpose flour-1 cup
Corn flour-1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chilli powder-1 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Oil for Deep frying
- Take a banana flower and remove the bracts (large petals) of the banana flower & collect the florets attached to the bracts until you see a whitish colored structure of the banana flower. Whitish colored structure of the banana flower is known as heart of banana
- Once you reached the whitish colored structure of banana flower, stop plucking the petals of banana flower
- Next we need to clean the florets that we collected.
- Open the floret. Remove the stick which has bulb on top.(Stigma)
- Remove the plastic like cover (Perianth)
- In a bowl take 1/4 cup curd/yogurt. Add 3 cup water in it and whisk it well
- Add the cleaned florets in it. Dip the cleaned florets completely in the curd water. Soak it for 10 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside
- In a bowl add all purpose flour/maida, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, pepper powder and salt.
- Add 3/4 cup water in it. Mix it well and make a smooth batter.
- Add the florets in to this batter. Coat the florets well with this batter
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the batter coated florets until it turns crispy and both sides turns brown in color
- Bana florets pakoda is now easy to serve hot as a snack with tea