Shankarpali Recipe | Savory Shankarpali | Spicy Shankarpali with Video Recipe. Shankarpali is one of the main snack that all will prepare during festive occasions like diwali. It is a deep fried snack which is made with maida/all purpose flour. U can prepare sweet as well as spicy shankarpali. Here I am posting the recipe of spicy shankarpali because now for diwali we will prepare many other sweet items, so just for balancing the sweet taste of other items thought to prepare some savory snacks also, which is very easy to prepare. If you are also looking for a savory snack that you can prepare very easily with less ingredients and within few minutes for this diwali, then you can definitely try this recipe. Once u made shankarpali, you can store them in an airtight container when they cool and have them as an evening snack. These stays good for a couple of weeks. Let us come to the recipe. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you
All Purpose Flour/Maida-1.5 cup
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Kashmiri Redchilli Powder-1 tsp
Hot oil-3 tbs
Water-1/4 cup or as required for kneading the dough
Oil for Deep frying
Method Of Preparation
- Take all purpose flour/ maida in a bowl. Add shoji/rava, redchilli powder, cumin seeds and salt into and mix well
- Heat 3 tbs oil in a pan and add that to the flour and mix well with your hand. Take a portion of the flour mixture in your hand and press it in your palm. It should holds a shape. Now add 1/4 cup water or as required and knead the dough. Knead to a smooth and stiff dough.
- Grease the dough with 1tsp oil and rest it for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes knead the dough again.
- Divide the dough into half and roll it into a slightly thick circle.
- With a knife or pizza cutter cut it into diamond/square shape
- Deep fry it in hot oil by dropping one by one
- Keep the flame in low to medium and fry it for 15 minutes or until it turns crispy
- Drain shankarpali on kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil. When cooled store the shankarpali in an airtight container
- Serve savory shankarpali as a snack