Chakli Recipe | Instant Chakli Recipe | Diwali Snacks Recipe with Video Recipe. Diwali is around the corner, As you all are getting ready for Diwali preparation, here comes few snacks and sweets recipes from my blog that you can prepare easily for the upcoming Diwali Festival. First we can start with Chakli. It is one of the main savory snack that all will prepare for Diwali. It’s also known as murukku in south India. It’s a deep fried snack which is in spiral shape. You need chakli/ murukku maker for making this snack. You can make chakli/murukku in many ways, but the recipe here I am posting is an instant version of chakli. In this method anybody can make chakli very easily. Here I used store-bought fine rice flour, besan flour and few spices for making this chakli. It came out well for me. It is a gluten free chakli recipe, as I used gluten free flours in this recipe. I am sure that once u tried this instant chakli/ murukku recipe, you will stop buying chakli/murukku from stores. Let us come to the recipe. Please try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Rice Flour-1 cup
Besan Flour- 1/2 cup
Butter- 2 tbs
Redchilli powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Sesame Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water- 3/4 cup or as required
Oil for deep frying
Method Of Preparation
- In a large mixing bowl take rice flour. Add besan flout into it. Then add butter into it
- Add redchilli powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and salt into it and mix everything well with your hand
- Add water little by little into it and make a smooth nonsticky dough
- Now take chakli maker and fix star mold into it.
- Grease the chakli maker with some oil
- Fill the chakli maker with the dough and tighten the lid of the chakli maker.
- On a butter paper make spiral shape chaklis by rolling the handle of the chakli maker in a circular motion. Break the dough towards the end by stop rolling the handle and seal the edges with your finger tip
- Gently take one chakli at a time from the butter paper with your hand or spoon and carefully drop it into the hot oil.
- Fry chaki on medium flame . Flip the chaklis and fry it till they turn golden brown n crisp from both the sides