Momo is a type of steamed bun with or without filling. Momo has become a traditional delicacy in Nepal, Tibet and India. Momos are growing popularity in India. The style and filling varies according to the preference of the people in different regions. In India, the filling can include paneer, mutton, chicken, pork and an assortment of vegetables.It is often paired with cilantro. I used chicken filling for this momos. All purpose flour and salt-water is used for preparing dough for outer momo covering. The dough is rolled into small circular flat pieces. The filling is then enclosed in the circular dough cover either in a round pocket or in a half-moon or crescent shape. Today we can learn how to prepare chicken momos. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time:10-15 minutes
For the Dough
All purpose flour-300 gms
Salt to taste
For the Chicken filling
Chicken -1 cup minced
Onions – 1/2 cup,finely chopped
Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Soya sauce-1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Take a bowl add all purpose flour, salt, water, mix it like a medium stiff dough and knead it, let it rest for 15 minutes
- In another bowl mix all the ingredients of the chicken.filling.Keep aside
- Roll the dough into very thin 4-5 inch rounds.
- Take each round piece and place some filling in the center.
- Bring the edges together and twist to seal it.
- Steam in a steamer for about 10 minutes and serve hot with Tomato sauce.