Quail eggs come from a wild bird named quail. Quail Eggs looks like normal chicken eggs but they are smaller in size. These eggs are considered as a delicacy in kerala. There is a popular saying “Aayiram kozhikku ara kaada” or half quail is equivalent to thousand chickens, it just means that quail or quail eggs are more nutritious than chicken and chicken eggs. Quail eggs are good source of proteins, vitamins and minerals. The health benefits of quail eggs include their ability to improve vision, improves metabolism and they are immunity boosters so it is good to include quail eggs in your diet. I am posting here the recipe of quail eggs that are easy to prepare. Here in this recipe I have roasted the hard boiled quail eggs with onion, tomato and spice powders. It tastes delicious. You can serve this as a side dish with rice, chapathi and appam. Just try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Quail Eggs/ Kada Mutta-10
Mustard Seeds-1/2 tsp
Ginger-1 inch, chopped
Garlic Cloves-4, chopped
Green Chilli-2, chopped
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Redchilli Powder-1 tsp
Pepper Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Method Of Preparation
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds into it. Let splutter.
- Add green chilies, ginger, garlic and curry leaves into it.
- Saute it until it turns light brown in color.
- Add onion and salt into it. Saute it until onion turns translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and redchilli powder into it.
- Saute it until raw smell goes off
- Add pepper powder into it and mix well
- Add tomato into it. Saute it well until tomatoes are cooked well.
- Add 1/2 cup water into it. Add salt to taste into it and mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for a minute
- Add quail eggs into it and mix it well.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for a minute
- Quail egg roast is now ready to serve