Boondi Ladoo Recipe | Boondi laddu Recipe | Boondi ke Ladoo with Video Recipe. It is one of the popular Indian sweet made during any festival occasions like diwali. This ladoo is made with chickpea flour/besan flour. For making this ladoo first we need to make besan/chickpea flour pearls. Here I am using perforated ladle for making besan flour pearls. Once besan flour pearls are prepared, we need to deep fry the besan flour pearls, then we will soak the besan flour pearls in sugar syrup and then we will shape it into round balls. Just follow the steps that I mentioned below, then you will get perfect ladoos. Once you made it you can store it in an airtight container, it will stays good for a week. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Besan Flour/ Chickpea Flour-1 cup
Salt- a pinch
Baking Soda-a pinch
Water-1/2 cup + 2tbs
Yellow food color-2 drop
Oil for deep frying
For Sugar Syrup
Water- 3/4 cup
Yellow Food color-1 drop
Cardamon Powder- 1/4 tsp
Ghee- 2 tbs
Cashewnuts-2 tbs, chopped
Sugar candy- few
Method Of Preparation
- Take besan flour in a mixing bowl, Add salt and baking soda into it. Add water little by little. Whisk it well. Make sure no lumps in it. Add yellow food color into it and mix well. Make a thick flowing consistency batter like dosa batter. Now we need to make boondi pearls with it
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is hot, add few drops of batter in oil. You should get round shape boondis. if you are getting flat boondis, that means your batter is thin, add a bit of besan flour into the batter and check it again by frying few boondis until u get round shaped boondis. If you are getting boondis with tail ends, that means your batter is thick. add a bit of water and repeat the test until u get round shape boondis.
- Once u got the round shape boondis, batter is of right consistency. Now we can make boondi pearls.
- Place perforated spoon just above the oil. Take batter in spoon and pour it over the perforated spoon. Spread the batter on perforated spoon. Just move the perforated spoon around the pan as the batter falls, so that boondis don’t clump together and spread well
- Fry it for 30 to 40 seconds or until it is just cooked. Don’t over cook the boondis and make them crisp. This step is very important because if boondis becomes crisp then ladoos won’t be soft and they won’t be able to absorb sugar syrup.
- After each batch, wipe the perforated spoon with a clean kitchen towel from both sides. Otherwise you won’t get perfect round shaped boondis in next batches
- Repeat the process and place the cooked boondis on a kitchen towel to drain them
- Just crush 3/4 th of the cooked boondis in a mixer. Add it to a bowl. Add the remaining boondis also into that bowl and keep it aside
- Now We need to prepare the sugar syrup. Take sugar in a bowl and add water into it. Mix it well until sugar dissolves. Let it boil for 5-8 minutes or until the syrup becomes sticky consistency. Add cardamon powder and food color into it and mix well
- Pour the prepared sugar syrup over the boondi mix and mix well until boondi absorbs sugar syrup
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts and raisins in it and pour it over the boondi mix. Add sugar candy and mix well
- Wet your palm and make small balls out of boondi mix
- Boondi ladoo is now ready to serve
- Store it in an airtight container. It will stays good for a week