Pav Bhaji Masala Recipe | Home Made Pav Bhaji Masala Powder with Video Recipe. It is the masala powder that is added to the mumbai’s famous street food Pav Bhaji. It is the mix of different spices. This masala powder is the key ingredient of the Pav Bhaji. It will be added to the mashed vegetables in Pav Bhaji, that will give a nice flavor to the pav bhaji. It will be good to use homemade pavbhaji masala powder in pav bhaji then using store bought pav bhaji masala powder, because in store bought pav bhaji masala powder they will add preservatives. You can store this masala powder for months as it has very good shelf life. Last weekend I made pav bhaji, in that I added this home made masala powder. It’s taste was amazing, so just thought to share with you the recipe of my home made pav bhaji masala powder. I will post the recipe of my pav bhaji in my next post. Today we can see, how we can make pav bhaji masala powder at home. It is very easy to make with the spices that are always available at your home. Just try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Let us come to the recipe.
Coriander Seeds-4 tbs
Cumin Seeds-2 tbs
Cinnamon stick- 2 pieces ( 2 inch size)
Pepper- 1 tbs
Fennel Seeds- 3/4 tbs
Dried Kashmiri Redchilli-10
Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
Dry mango powder- 1 tbs
Method Of Preparation
- Take all spices. Clean the spices and discard stones.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan. In that add coriander seeds and cumin seeds. Dry roast it in low flame till it turns aromatic.
- Transfer it to a blender and keep it aside
- Next in the same pan add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, pepper and fennel seeds. Dry roast it in low flame till it turns aromatic. Transfer it to a blender and keep it aside
- Finally in the same pan dry roast the redchillies in low flame. Transfer the also into the blender
- Allow all the spices to cool down completely. Add turmeric powder and dry mango powder into it.
- Blend everything well into a fine powder without adding water
- Pav bhaji masala powder is now ready
- Store it in an airtight container.