Hello Friends, As you all are getting ready for christmas celebrations, here is a recipe of plum cake that is perfect for christmas. This recipe is alcohol free and you no need to soak the dry fruits in advance so you can make this cake instantly just before you need it. It is very easy to make, it came out well for me, the cake was very soft and it’s taste was equivalent to the taste of the cake that we used to buy from bakeries. You also try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Dry Fruits(altogether 3 cup)
Orange Juice-1.5 cup
For Spice Powder
Cloves – 4
Cardamom – 4
Cinnamon – a small piece
Plain flour (maida) – 2 cups
Baking powder – 1¼ tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Powdered Sugar – 1 cup+ 2 tbsp
Unsalted Butter – 200 gms @ room temperature
Eggs – 4 @ room temperature
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Orange Peel – 1 tsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Water – 1 tbsp
Hot water – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
Method Of Preparation
- Chop all the dry fruits into small pieces
- In a pot add these chopped dried fruits then pour orange juice and honey into it and mix well
- Cook it on low flame until all the water content absorbs. It should become dry completely so that the dry fruits absorbs the orange juice completely. (This step eliminates the step of soaking dry fruits in advance)
- Put off the flame and allow it to cool down.
- Now add 3 tbsp all purpose flour to the cooled dry fruits and mix well. this step helps the dry fruits not to sink to the bottom of the cake.
- For preparing caramel, add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp water in a heavy bottomed pan and mix well, heat it on medium flame
- With in few minutes it will change into liquid then it will begin to change colour,when the colour becomes dark brown pour 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of hot water. Then mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer it into a bowl and allow to cool.When the caramel cools down it will harden which is common
- In a blender add cloves, cinnamon stick and cardamom. Grind it into a fine powder and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, spice powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and sieve it. keep it aside.
- Now take big bowl and beat the butter until soft. To this add powdered sugar little by little and beat until fluffy..(about 10 minutes)
- Add vanilla and mix until combined
- Next add egg one at a time . Beat well till all the three eggs are mixed well .
- Pour the cooled caramel into the above mixture and mix well with a spatula
- Add orange peel into it
- Now we add the above flour mix (mix of all purpose flour, spice powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. after sieving) into it little by little and fold very slowly with the spatula
- Add the dry fruits mix into the cake mix and gently fold
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and level the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 ° F for about 45 to 55 minutes, until the top turns a dark brown and when a toothpick / skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Don’t worry about dark brown colour on the top..It won’t be burnt inside
- Now take it out from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes .Slice it only when completely cool
- Enjoy this yummy soft and moist cake