Bread: 4-5 pieces,
Thick yogurt/ curd: ½ cup,
Coarse rava/ sooji/semolina: ½ cup,
Rice flour: 1 tbsp,
Baking soda: a pinch,
Water: ½ cup,
Finely chopped tomatoes: ½ cup,
Finely Chopped onions: ½ cup,
Finely chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbs
Salt to taste,
Method Of Preparation
- Take out the bread crusts and break it into small pieces.
- In a grinder add Bread pieces, Rava, Curd and Salt
- Grind everything into a fine paste by adding water in it
- Take out the mixture in a bowl.
- Add rice flour and a pinch of baking soda into the above mixture
- Mix everything well. Add water, if needed
- The consistency of the batter should neither be too thick nor thin.
- Add chopped onion,tomatoes,coriander leaves and green chilies into the batter
- Mix everything well
- Heat the pan at medium heat and spread some oil on it.
- Pour spoonful of batter and spread it to make a small and thick bread uttapam
- Let it cook for about 2 minutes and flip them over.
- Bread uttapam should be golden brown from both sides
- Serve bread uttapam with your favorite chutney or sauce.