Wheat Banana Steam Cake Recipe | Wheat Banana Appam Recipe | Healthy Snack Recipe with Video Recipe. Today I am sharing here with you the recipe of a healthy snack, that you can make with the over ripe nendran banana. You can use any type of over ripe banana for this snack. If you have over ripe banana in your home, then it is the best way to use those bananas. You can make this healthy snack with those bananas. It tastes delicious as well as very easy to prepare. You just need over ripe banana, wheat flour and jaggery for making this sweet snack, for enhancing it’s taste I have added coconut in this recipe. I am sure that you all will love the taste of this healthy snack. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Jaggery- 2 Big pieces
Grated Coconut-1/4 cup
Ripe Nendran Banana or any type of ripe banana-2 ( Chopped)
Wheat flour-1 cup
Salt a pinch
Method Of Preparation
- Take jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan. Add water in it.
- Heat it and let the jaggery dissolve completely.
- Strain it for removing impurities. Keep it aside
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add cashewnuts, raisins, grated coconut and chopped ripe nendran banana in it.
- Saute it until it turns golden brown in color.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt in it.
- Add a portion of jaggery syrup in it and mix well.
- Add the roasted coconut banana mix in it.
- Pour the remaining jaggery syrup in it and mix it well.
- Add water as required.
- Mix it well and make a thick batter. Batter is now ready.
- Heat water in a pan.
- Place a stand in it.
- Place an oil greased plate over the stand.
- Pour the batter in the oil greased plate.
- Cover it with a lid & steam it for 15 minutes.
- Wheat banana steam cake is now ready.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- Cut it and serve it.