Hariyali Chicken Recipe | Green Masala Chicken Gravy | Hara Masala Chicken with Video Recipe. Hariyali Chicken is a delicious Indian Chicken Gravy made with green paste. Green Paste is made with green chillies, coriander leaves, mint leaves, spices, herbs, nuts and curd. This gravy is very easy to prepare. First we need to marinate the chicken pieces then we will fry the marinated chicken pieces. Next we need to prepare the green paste, then the fried chicken pieces are cooked in the gravy made with green paste. This green masala chicken gravy tastes delicious. You can serve this curry with chapathis, rotis, plain paratha, kerala parotta and dosas, We had this curry with kerala parotta. Taste of this curry was amazing, so I thought to share the recipe with you all. My husband love to eat chicken dishes always, but I got fed up with the taste of the chicken curry we used to make, so he suggested me to make some difference in the taste of the curry that I used to make and find out this recipe for me to try, The result was amazing. Taste of this curry is totally different from the taste of the curries that we used to make, so I loved the taste of this curry. If you too got fed up with the taste of the chicken curry that you used to make, then this curry will be the best choice for you. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Chicken Pieces-500 gm
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice-1/2 of a lemon
Ginger-1 inch piece
Cashew Nuts-7 nos
Pepper Corns-15 nos
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Coriander leaves-1 cup
Mint leaves-1/2 cup
Oil- For Drop Frying + 4tbs
Fried Onion-3 tbs
Garam Masala-1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation
- Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice and keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the chicken pieces until both sides turns light brown in color and keep it aside.
- In a mixer add garlic, ginger, green chilies, almonds, cashewnuts, pepper corns and cumin seeds. Crush everything well
- Then add coriander leaves, mint leaves, curd and water in it and grind it to a fine paste. Now the green paste is ready. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom and cloves in it and saute it for a minute
- Add the fried chicken pieces in it.
- Add the green paste into it. Mix it well.
- Add the fried onion, garam masala and salt in it and mix everything well.
- Add water in it as needed and mix it
- Cove fit with a lid and cook it for 10 minutes on low flame
- Finally add fried onions in it and mix it. Switch off the flame
- Cover it and serve it after 5 minutes