Aval Laddu | Poha Laddu | Laddu Recipe with Jaggery | Healthy Snack For Kids with Video Recipe. It ia a healthy laddu recipe made with poha/aval. Flattened rice flakes are known as poha/aval. This laddu is made with flattened rice flakes, jaggery, coconut, cardamom, ghee and dry fruits. Unlike other laddu recipes in this laddu recipe I am using jaggery instead of sugar for making it a healthy ladoo. If you are looking for a healthy snack for your kids, then you can definitely try this ladoo recipe These laddus are very easy to prepare with very few ingredients. I am sure that you will love the taste of theses laddus. Usually People will make these laddus during Krishna jayanthi as poha or aval is Krishna’s favorite. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you.
Thick Poha/ Aval- 2 cup
Grated Coconut-1 cup
Cardamom-4 to 5
Method Of Preparation
- Dry roast poha/aval until it turns crispy. Transfer it to a plate and allow it to cool down
- Once it’s cooled down transfer it to a blender and blend it to a fine powder. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside
- Heat 1tbs ghee in a pan. Add grated coconut into it. Roast it until it turns light brown in color
- Once it’s cooled down transfer it to a blender. Add jaggery and cardamom into it and blend it
- Add this to the same bowl of poha powder. Mix it well and keep it aside
- Heat 2tbs ghee in a pan. Add cashewnuts and raisins into it and roast it until it turns brown in color
- Pour it over the powder mix in the bowl. Mix it well with a spoon.
- Once it’s cooled down, mix it well with your hand
- Now make ball sized laddus. If needed you can use more ghee for binding laddus
- Healthy poha laddus are now ready to serve