Today I would like to share with you a breakfast/snack recipe which you can prepare easily, if you have left over breads and potatoes. Your family will complain of boring repeated breakfast/snacks, if you serve them the same bread toast or sandwich. They will love it,if the same bread is given differently. I have already posted many bread recipes in my blog.You can check these links for more bread recipes like Bread Uttapam / Instant Uttapam, Eggless French Toast (Savory Version), Bread Puttu /Steamed Bread Cake, Sweet Egg Bread Roast/Sweet French Toast, Try all my recipes of bread and let me know how it turned out for you. Here I am posting the recipe of Bread Rolls With Stuffed Potatoes
Slices of white bread or brown bread or multi grain bread-6
Medium sized potatoes-2
Onion,finely chopped-2 tbs
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Chopped coriander leaves-2 tsp
salt as required
Method Of Preparation
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker until soft. Peel and mash them well and keep it aside
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and curry leaves, after it splutter, add chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste, fry this for 2 mins until onion soften
- Add turmeric powder. redchili powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala powder in it and mix everything well and saute it for few minutes
- Finally add the boiled potatoes and chopped coriander leaves in it and mix everything well and switch off the flame
- Cut the brown crust of the bread
- Roll it slightly with a rolling pin.
- Add the stuffing in middle of the bread
- Roll it and finally seal the end of the bread with few drops of water.
- Heat ghee in a pan, shallow fry the bread roll until it turns golden brown color and crisp.
- Serve it hot as an evening snack/breakfast with tea or coffee