Lemon Rasam Recipe | Nimbu Rasam Recipe | Immunity Booster with Video Recipe. Rasam is a popular South Indian Soup, which is prepared in most of the South Indian houses. Now it is very important to have a strong immunity to protect yourself from the widespread of coronavirus. Including rasam in your diet will strengthen your immunity. Ingredients that we are using for making rasam will keep your immunity strong and fights bacteria. I used to make rasam at home, whenever I don’t feel like to make any curries for rice as it is very easy to prepare. Today I am sharing here the recipe of a rasam that you can make with lemon. It is very easy to prepare as well as tastes delicious. The main difference of this rasam recipe from other rasam recipes is that we are not using tamarind in this rasam recipe as we are using lemon in this recipe. It goes well with the rice. Just try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Ginger- Small piece
Garlic- 6 Cloves
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooked Toor Dal-1 cup
Mustard Seeds-1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1/2 tsp
Method Of Preparation
- In a pan add ginger, garlic, greenchilli, pepper, coriander leaves, curry leaves and tomato
- Add turmeric powder, salt and water into it.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes
- Then add cooked toor dal into it and mix well
- Add salt as needed
- Add water as needed to adjust consistency. Mix it well
- Boil it for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil in a pan
- Once the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilies, curry leaves and hing into it. Let it splutter
- Once the tempering splutter, Pour the tempering to the rasam
- Lemon Rasam is now ready to serve with rice