Mango Fritters Recipe | Mampazha Pori | Easy Mango Snack Recipe with Video Recipe. Now it is the season of mangoes. Today’s recipe is for mango lovers. It is an easy to prepare snack recipe with mango, that is mango fritters or mampazha pori. Mango is known as mampazham and pori means fritters in malayalam, It is not only easy to prepare but also tastes delicious. In each bite of this snack you will get the sweet taste of mango. Banana fritters or pazham pori is a popular snack in kerala. It is one of the favorite snacks of all malayalees/keralites. It is made with ripe plantain banana/ nenthra pazham. For banana fritters we will coat the ripe plantain banana pieces with all purpose flour batter and then we will deep fry it. For mango fritters we will use ripe mango pieces instead of ripe plantain bananas. We will just make a batter with all purpose flour, rice flour, rava, sugar, salt and turmeric powder by adding water little by little and mixing it well. Then we will coat the mango pieces with that batter, and deep fry it until it turns light brown in color. Hope now you understand that it’s preparation is very simple. Make sure that your not using over ripen mangoes, because it’s difficult to coat the over ripen mango pieces with the batter. Try this recipe and let me know your feedback
Preparation Time:15 minutes
Cooking Time:5 minute
Servings:12 mango fritters
Mango-2 (Don’t use over ripen mangoes)
All Purpose Flour/Maida-4 tbs
Rice flour-2 tbs
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Oil for Deep frying
Method Of Preparation
- Wash the mango well with water. Peel it and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, rice flour, rava, sugar, salt and turmeric powder into it. Add water little by little into it. Mix well and make a batter. Thickness of the batter should be like that of the idli batter. Make sure no lumps are there
- Dip each mango pieces into it and make sure that the mango pieces are well coated with the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the batter coated mango pieces until it turns light brown in color
- Remove the excess oil in a tissue paper
- Yummy mango fritters are now ready to serve hot as a snack with tea