Ambur Chicken Biryani Recipe with Video- Ambur is a small town in vellore district of tamilnadu. Ambur Star Biryani is one of the most popular south indian biryani variety. It is mostly made with mutton, but you can made it with chicken also. The main difference of this biryani recipe with other biryani recipe is that this ambur chicken biryani is made with seeraga samba or jeeraga samba rice not with basmati rice. The other difference is that, in this biryani we are not using any spice powders, instead of that we are using only few whole spices. The spice and the taste comes from the dryredchilli paste that we are using in this recipe.
Before coming to the recipe of ambur chicken biryani, i would like to share with you few more things. This biryani is made by my husband. When i started this blog, my husband was very much interested in finding variety dishes for my blog. He have good talent in photography, so most of the good photos that you can see in this blog are taken by him. He will take care of my daughter,while i am cooking, so I can do all my cooking works properly. Whenever he gets free time he will enter into kitchen and will try to make variety dishes. This time when he entered into kitchen for making this chicken biryani, i thought to make a video of that and share with you. I would like to thank him for all the support that he is giving for making this blog and my youtube channel. We can expect more variety dishes from my husband for this blog….😀
Just try this recipe and let me know your feedback…
Dry Redchilli- 8 to 10
Cinnamon-1 large stick
Gingergarlic paste-2 tbs
1/2 Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
- Soak dryredchilli in water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, transfer the soaked dry redchilli into a blender
- Grind it into a fine paste by adding little water in it
- Take lots of water in a pot. Add oil into it. Bring it to a rolling boil
- Add cloves and cardamon into it. Add salt into it
- Once it started to boil add the rice into it. Let it cook. Once the rice is 3/4 th cooked, drain the water
- Spread it on a plate and allow it to cool down completely
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ghee into it. Then add cloves, cardamon and cinnamon sticks into it
- Saute it for few seconds.
- Add onion (sliced thinly) into it and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste into it. Saute it for 2 minutes
- Once onion turned golden brown in color again add 1 more large onion(sliced thinly) into it
- Add tomato into it and saute it for 10 minutes. Add dryredchilli paste into it and saute it for 2 minute
- Add curd and lemon juice into it. Mix everything well
- Add chicken into it. Add salt and mix everything well
- Cover it with a lid and let the chicken pieces to cook well. Once chicken pieces are cooked well add handful of coriander leaves and mint leaves into it. Mix it well
- Add 2 cup water into it. Cook it for 2 minutes
- Add cooked rice on top of this gravy.
- Add some coriander leaves and mint leaves on top. Add some ghee
- Cover it with an aluminum foil. Place the lid on top of it
- Cook it on low flame for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the flame&let it sit for another 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, open the cover and mix everything well
- Ambur Chicken Biryani is now ready to serve