I am a fish lover so I will always prefer to make any fish curry for lunch. One day fish was not there in my house for preparing fish curry, so an idea came in my mind to prepare something with the available dried prawns. then I prepared this curry. It tastes awesome by the combination of bottle gourd and prawns. I have prepared may dishes using bottle gourd and dried prawns but this curry is my favorite among them. I am sure that you will also love the taste of this curry. It is very easy to prepare, if u have dried prawns and bottle gourd in your house. Bottle gourd is a healthy vegetable. Before sharing the recipe I would like to share some of the health benefits of including bottle gourd in your diet
Health Benefits Of Bottle Gourd
- It contains many vitamins and minerals, such as, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin A and vitamin C
- It is very useful for people who wants to reduce their weight
- Bottle gourd is extremely popular for reducing high blood pressure and keeping your heart healthy
- It is good for liver inflammation
- It is good for diabetic patients
- It controls the urinary system and reduces the urinary infection
- It has rich source of fiber and good for people who suffer from constipation
Today we can learn how to make this tasty curry with bottle gourd n dried prawns. Try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you
- Boil the bottle gourd pieces in 1 cup of water, along with turmeric powder,chilly powder,and required salt.
- When they are half cooked add the washed dried prawns. Let them get cooked well.
- In a mixer grind the items mentioned under “To grind” to a coarse paste.
- Add this paste to the above cooked bottle gourd and dried prawns mixture and add some water and allow it to boil
- Once it starts to boil switch off the flame
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter mustard seeds. Once it starts to splutter add sliced shallots, dried red chili and curry leaves and saute it for few minutes until the shallots turns golden brown in color
- Pour it into the coconut gravy. Cover with a lid for at least 15 minutes before serving.